Alex’s maintains a broad complex commercial litigation and administrative law practice. His areas of focus include contractual disputes, domestic and international commercial arbitration, shareholder and partnership litigation, civil fraud and investigations, and appeals.
Alex has acted as counsel and assisted with matters before arbitrators, administrative tribunals, the British Columbia Supreme Court, and all levels of court in Ontario, including the Divisional Court and the Ontario Court of Appeal. Prior to joining McEwan Partners, Alex practiced litigation at a national law firm in their Toronto and Vancouver offices.
Alex provides legal services in English and is conversant in Korean.
- JD, Peter A. Allard School of Law at UBC (2020)
- Exchange – Law, University of Hong Kong (2019)
- BA, Economics and Political Science (First Class) at UBC (2016)
- Ontario Bar Association, 2021 – present
- Member, Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Member, Canadian Maritime Law Association
- British Columbia, 2022
- Ontario, 2021
- Acted for a major shareholder in a partnership arbitration, leading to a favorable multi-million dollar settlement.
- Successfully represented the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario in a wide variety of claims brought pursuant to the Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O 1990, c. P.8.
- Successfully defended claims made against international transportation logistics services providers under the Marine Liability Act, S.C. 2001, c. 6.
- Assisted counsel on high profile investigations and claims involving breach of confidence and civil fraud.
Alex Kim maintains a broad complex commercial litigation and administrative law practice. His experience includes advising and representing clients in contractual disputes, domestic and international commercial arbitrations, shareholder and... Read more