Updated November 22, 2021
McEwan Partners is a boutique commercial litigation firm in Downtown Vancouver founded by a group of industry-recognized litigators. Led by three Chambers-ranked King’s Counsel, our lawyers include a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the International Society of Barristers. We practice civil litigation with a focus on securities, shareholder and corporate litigation. We represent our clients before all levels of courts and tribunals. Our clients trust us to advise them on their most difficult and important matters.
We are currently looking for two (2) full-time Commercial Litigation Associates with 1 to 7 years of experience to join our firm. The position provides an opportunity to work with a vibrant, hard-working team of professionals in a collegial environment. The successful candidates will be team-players, energetic, flexible, highly motivated, and enjoy the variety of work that comes with the small firm model.
- Direct contact with clients and opposing counsel
- Conducting court appearances
- Provide insightful legal analysis on a wide range of topics
- Investigative and intelligence skillsets
- Quick learner and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Clear, concise, and persuasive communication skills both written and oral
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments, produce quality accurate work, and meet set timelines
- A strong orientation to delivering a high-level standard of service
- Superior organizational/document management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- 1 to 7 years of experience in commercial litigation
- Membership in a Canadian Law Society
- Strong academic record
- McEwan Partners offers a top-of-market compensation and benefits package as well as a diverse, supportive work environment and flexible partnership criteria.
- Please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with the job title in the email subject line
- Please Note: at this time we are not accepting application via RECRUITERS
While we appreciate all applications received, only those shortlisted will be contacted.