Samantha 's Assistant
Samantha Chang is a litigation and dispute resolution lawyer with particular focus on corporate-commercial and securities litigation.
Samantha regularly represents private and public clients across a broad range of industries. She advises clients in complex commercial litigation involving shareholder disputes, proxy fights, investment accounts, contractual disputes, intellectual property disputes, and competition law. She has acted as litigation counsel in obtaining court approval of plans of arrangement. Samantha has appeared as counsel in applications, trials, and appeals in all levels of court in British Columbia and in Federal Court, as well as in commercial arbitrations.
Before joining McEwan Partners, Samantha practiced at an international law firm in Vancouver, where she acted as junior counsel in one of the most prominent competition law class actions in Canada.
Samantha is a member of the Executive Board of the Vancouver Bar Association and the CBABC Women Lawyers Forum Executive. She is also a contributing editor of The Advocate.
Samantha is fluent in Cantonese.
- Brian Tsuji Graduating Award in Law Award, 2013
- JD, University of British Columbia (2013)
- B. Comm. Marketing, McGill University (2009)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (2010-present)
- Member, Trial Lawyers’ Association of British Columbia (2015)
- Member, Professional Women’s Network (2015)
- Member, American Bar Association (2016)
- Board of Directors, Vancouver Bar Association (2017)
- Member at Large (Mentoring Committee; Awards Committee), Canadian Bar Association Women Lawyers Forum Executive (2017)
- Member, Advocates’ Society (2017)
- British Columbia (2014)
McEwan Partners has joined with Koskie Minsky LLP of Toronto in commencing a class proceeding on behalf of certain groups of prisoners held in solitary confinement in BC prisons. ... Read more
McEwan Partners is pleased to announce that Samantha Chang has joined us as an associate from Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP.... Read more