Kyle Thompson is a commercial litigator who focuses on complex disputes. His diverse practice includes work in class action proceedings, directors & officers’ liability, civil fraud, securities regulation, leasing, estate litigation, internet law and entertainment law.
Kyle has independently conducted trials in both British Columbia Supreme Court and Provincial Court to successful outcomes. He has also assisted as junior counsel on matters before all levels of court in both British Columbia and Alberta, as well as various administrative tribunals, and represented clients in mediations.
Before joining McEwan Partners, Kyle practiced at a national law firm in Vancouver for several years. Before that and while in law school at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Kyle won the Peter Burns Competitive Trial Moot, the award for best cross-examination in that competition, and represented UBC at the Western Canada Trial Moot Competition, also known as the MacIntyre Cup.
- MacIntyre Cup UBC Team, 2014
- Law Foundation Award, 2014
- Peter Burns Criminal Trial Moot Winner, 2013
- Peter Burns Criminal Trial Moot, Best Cross-Examination, 2013
- JD, University of British Columbia (2015)
- BA, University of Alberta (2010)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- British Columbia, 2016